Friday, October 23, 2009

Survey Sickness

For the past several months, I have received, on average, two survey forms per week in the mail. Usually they are from the GOP or some similar organization, requesting my opinions on various political/social matters, and then asking for a donation. Without fail they are accompanied by a postage free envelope for easy return of your completed form. Sometimes the envelope has a notice requesting you supply a stamp to offset their mailing costs.

Well, yesterday I received three (yes, 3) surveys in one day. Long ago I stopped filling out any of these surveys. Instead, I enclosed a "to the point" note in the envelope and mailed said envelope WITHOUT adding my postage. Yesterday's barrage was about all I can stand.

The Democrat Party left me years ago (circa 1980) and have continued to drift leftward until they are where they are today: far left and still moving that way faster than ever. The Republican Party began their shift away from my personal convictions in the early 90s. They, too, have shifted left though not nearly as far as the Dems. In the past I have usually voted for the Republican candidate (though not always) but, recently, have often found myself supporting the "lesser of two evils". Well, that day is over. I am no longer affliated with either party and will vote for the person who best supports my conservative views no matter from which party they come. If there is no such candidate for a given office, then my vote remains in my pocket.

Some of the GOP just don't understand this, I guess. They keep sending out the same surveys and must be having difficulty understanding the feedback they receive. No, we don't want the John McCains or the Lindsey Grahams of the GOP. We want conservatives, get it!

So, from this point forward, I am taking the survey form and writing all over it the following:

NO GOP
NO MORE SURVEYS
NO MORE DONATIONS
NO MORE MODERATES
LEAVE MY HEALTH CARE ALONE
I WANT REAGAN CONSERVATIVES
I WANT ACTION

Then, I am placing the survey form in the envelope and writing the same words on the back of the envelope. Finally, I am mailing every survey without adding the postage.

Will it do any good? I doubt it. I suspect the surveys will continue, the request for donations will increase, and the same lousy Republican moderates will be thrown our way as the solution (more government is NOT the solution; history confirms this). Strangely, though, I now find the possibility of receiving such a survey exciting! At least I get to express my feelings straightforwardly rather than answering their same old questions.

No comments: