Friday, September 19, 2008

Patriotism per Obama/Biden

Do you want to be a patriotic American? Then PAY MORE TAXES! That’s what Democratic Vice President nominee Senator Joe Biden told us yesterday.

It's time to be patriotic ... time to jump in, time to be part of the deal, time to help get America out of the rut.

I’m sorry, sir. I have no interest in giving more of the money I work hard for to the government which has no idea how to use it. Helping others who have need is great and I do so via the various charities to which I contribute (Senator Biden, by the way, averages less than $400 a year to charitable contributions despite the fact he makes a lot more money than almost any one reading this blog). You, Senator, and your running mate, Senator Barack Obama, want us to give you more of the money which we have EARNED so you can give it to anyone, including those who won’t get off the couch and do anything! And you have the gall to say that’s patriotic?

If you are reading this blog and are planning on voting for Barack Obama and Joe Biden then I ask you take some time and ask yourself why. Ok, you don’t like President Bush. Well, he’s not running. You don’t like the Republicans. Ok, but the Democrats presently control both houses of Congress and are the ones doing nothing to solve any of the problems facing our country. You don’t like John McCain. Ok, but is THAT the reason you are going to vote for Obama? There are other candidates running. I ask you to seriously consider and rethink why you really want Obama. Do you have any idea what he intends to do if elected?

I stumbled across an interesting Internet site last night entitled BarackObamaTest.com. You answer several questions on a variety of subjects and your answers are compared to Senator Obama’s positions. The site doesn’t tell you for whom to vote. It simply returns a value indicating how close Barack Obama is to your position. I took the test and Senator Obama and I agreed on 4% of the issues.

Whether I like President Bush or the Republicans, I will not cast my vote for a candidate which agrees with me on the issues only 4% of the time!

That, Senator Biden, is patriotic!

No comments: