Sunday, October 12, 2008

Phoenix - Part 3

The trip is almost over as I pen this entry. Bethany, Tina, and Brody painted some pottery Friday evening and we just found out it is ready early. That's good because it means we can carry it home with us.

We spent about 2 hours at a local park yesterday morning. The kids had a lot of fun. Mike had to go to work at noon so we dropped him off and went home. Jessi, Debbie, and the girls went shopping in the afternoon while I watched the boys. They were very good for almost 2 1/2 hours. There was a 5 minute span in which Brody and Bryson had a confrontation and, as a result, Brody spent some quiet time in his room. As a result, I was evaluated to be a "mean" babysitter.

Last night we went to McDonald's for grandpa's promised trip to the boys. The boys were more interested in playing in the playroom than eating.

Today we went to the Phoenix Zoo. We were there over 3 hours and had a picnic lunch to boot. The zoo is a nice one and we had a good time. Their giraffe display is very nice and we caught them up close while they were eating. Unfortunately, it costs to get into the zoo. That is one thing I really appreciate about the St. Louis Zoo.

That will essentially cover our trip. Tonight is relaxation and tomorrow will be getting ready to leave. We're uncertain how much time to allow since we also have to return a rental car. We are also uncertain exactly how we are going to get our Missouri van to the St. Louis airport to pick us up since we will be arriving VERY VERY late! But we'll work it all out.

I've managed to pick up a cold while we've been here. Yesterday was really a bad one for my sinus. I seem to have improved since noon. I just don't want my head too plugged up when we get on that plane tomorrow evening!

I'm sure the girls will post several pictures and videos once we get back home.

No comments: