Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Phoenix - Conclusion

Our Arizona adventure has ended safely. The flight landed 20 minutes early last night and we were home by 1:15 a.m. this morning. Jessi and Mike both worked on Monday so the rest of us stayed with the boys. They were very good. Brody colored some pictures for me which I brought home. Bryson fell asleep and, as it turned out, we left while he was still in bed. I picked Jessi up from her dental office, drover her home, and then we left.

As usual, I overestimated how long it would take us to get to the airport, return the car, ride the shuttle, check-in, and get to the gate. So we left fairly early. As it turned out, we could have hung around with Jessi and the boys for about another hour. Next time I will know better.

Our rental car, a Nissan Rogue, drove very nicely. It had great pickup when you hit the accelerator. We couldn't find real air vents so mom and I in the front froze while Beth and Tina in the back burned. But I enjoyed the car.

Since we arrived early, we checked in then went to the Chili's in the airport. The food was great but I ate too much and regretted it for the rest of the evening. Along with the cold I came down with during the trip, I was miserable most of the flight.

Becky and Elise were awake when we arrived home. They had the house looking very well! Mom and the girls sat up for a while and talked but I bailed for bed.

We really had a great time and are so glad we were able to go. It was nice being with Jessi, Mike, and the boys. It was also a lot of fun going to all the places we did during the week.

Thanks to Mike and Jessi for allowing us to crash at their place. Thanks to Becky and Elise for taking care of the house while we were gone. Thanks to Jeremy and Elise for working out the van situation for our return trip. Thanks also to Sonja for taking my class (and for her humerous text messages afterwards). By the way, daughter, without any preparation for the test and without sitting in my class for one minute, you scored an 80 out of 110 (72%)! Since 10 of the points you missed were for a memory verse, you score is quite good. Out of 20 students in my class, your score surpassed 8 of them! Lastly, thanks to Sarah for taking the tests to work so I could pick them up today and grade them!

No comments: